Counseling Center Home
Welcome to Harbor Ridge Middle School’s Counseling Center
Students are able to request to meet with Counselors to address Academic, Social or Emotional Needs, Friendship problems and more. 8th Graders, planning on attending an out of district high school next year such as Bellarmine, SAMI or SOTA, may bring to the office any recommendations that might need to be completed by teachers, counselor or administrators. They will be given to the counselors.
Our professional background equips us to work with parents and children in a number of helpful ways. Training includes a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Education with courses in personality and learning theory, child development, and counseling techniques. We hold a counseling certificate from the State of Washington. However, we are not licensed psychologist/psychiatrists and do not provide therapy during the school day.
We provide the following services
- Individual counseling/support
- Support groups for a variety of concerns such as grief, peer relationships etc.
- Attendance concerns
- Coordinate student /parent /teacher conferences
- Develop plans for student success
- Provide contacts for community resources
- New student orientation
- Schedule changes
- Address student/teacher concerns arising in classrooms
- Crisis intervention
- Monitor grades
- Consult with parents in the areas of educational, vocational and personal development of their children.
- Assist staff, students, and parents with the interpretation of standardized test materials.
- Financial assistance referrals/concerns
Counseling responsibilities are divided between two counselors:
|Phone Number||Area of Responsibility|
|(253) 530-1932||Last Names beginning with M-Z|
|(253) 530-1933||Last Names beginning with A-L|
Free Supplies to Those in Need
Attention local low-income families who need school supplies for the upcoming year…Communities in Schools has free supplies for those in need during office hours (Mon.-Thurs. 8:30am-4:30 pm) Their office is located at 15921 84th St. KP N, Lakebay, WA 98349, (in the red barn) and it would be much appreciated if the families would call before they stop by at (253)884-5733 to make an appointment.